Wednesday, March 08, 2006

sick

I could write about how horrible a day I've had, except that I would be half-lying. :P

It is extremely terrible and horrible to have to mope around with a dripping (now stuffy) nose, a perpetually throbbing head, sore throat, dry mouth and body ache all over. (I also realised today how clumsy I am, because every single bump I made was magnified 1000 times by my achey self.) But it was good to mope around legitimately, and sleep hours on end knowing I have to, sleep not being a reducible option anymore but a desperate necessity.

I still hate illness and hate not being able to eat chocolate (although I love bread soaked in milo maybe I shall continue eating that after I'm well). And it is really very 辛苦, especially the being woken up by my own coughing in the middle of the night part- which makes me long for Vicks and home. BUT, it must have been time to rest, my body knows best. So.

Can only keep praying for full recovery now- please please let me be well before Saturday's easter event?

I need to go do my essay now- His grace is ever sufficient for me. :)

____________

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if you can
You said, I Am

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend
You said, I Am

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
Oh, Shepherd Savior, Pasture Maker, hold on to my hand
You said, I Am

I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End
I Am, I Am

- excerpts from Nichole Nordeman's "I Am"

No comments: