Sunday, March 12, 2006

as songtime and springtime and summertime to be

Just came back from church, came straight back because I was feeling so tired.
The choir sang, very excellently, a beautiful song in church today:
As water to the thirsty,
as beauty to the eyes,
as strength that follows weakness,
as truth instead of lies,
as songtime and springtime
and summertime to be
so is my Lord, my living Lord,
so is my Lord to me.

Like calm in place of clamour,
like peace that follows pain,
like meeting after parting,
like sunshine after rain,
like moonlight and starlight
and sunlight on the sea
so is my Lord, my living Lord
so is my Lord to me.

As sleep that follows fever,
as gold instead of grey,
as freedom after bondage,
as sunrise to the day,
as home to the traveler
and all we long to see
so is my Lord, my living Lord
so is my Lord to me.

- words by Timothy Dudley-Smith, music by Brian Coleman
Must say that when the words were flashed on the screen, I thought, oh one of those lots of pretty things songs. Which ya, guess it is, but in its simplicity it spoke to something in me.

I think my flu's gotten worse again. Which makes sense because I recovered too quickly, so that now I think about it, it's like I kind of got well enough to make it through the looong day yesterday (OCF's easter event), and then lapsed back into normal trend of recovery. So, thank God.

Wish the holidays were here! Or actually, no I take that back, I don't want to meet the future sooner than I must. Wish the clocks would stop a day, or maybe a week. So I can then get back on track work-wise, gym-wise, God-wise etcetc-wise. Too much to think about- giving me a headache!

Ok need food need sleep, got to go. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heys ShiNing
This is such a beautiful and calm song!
And you must rest more k? SO you will really recover!!