Saturday, February 18, 2006

wonderful

It strikes me that I should be panicking and hyperventilating right about now:

B34: Seminar II prep; Essay on bank management; 5 chapters of reading, 6 sets of photocopied *things*.
B203: Coursework 4; Practical 2; 7 chapters of reading
B202: Coursework 3; Demo Lecture Prep; Group Essay and presentation (6th March)
B201: Coursework 4
(endless reading to catch up on for the last two)

PLUS, I still have piles from last term to clear!!

But I just MUST put down in words, no matter how inadequate, how immensely blessed I am, and how incredibly blind I usually am to it all. I love God, I love Jesus, and not because of how much He loves me (ALOT), but simply because He is who He is. I'm ever so grateful for His faithfulness, I'm ever so grateful for OCF, and beautiful hearts of these people there whom I've really come to love, ever so grateful for their constancy, support and love. Ever so grateful for timely emails from my parents and sisters, helping to fill the gaps in my life here in London. Ever so grateful for friendship. Ever so grateful for All Souls and inspiring worship amazing teaching, thankful for this chance to be with the children at the Chinese School, and for all the gladness they inspire.

[Anyway today we had a little bible quiz for the kids on the stories they've been learning, so Zara asked something like, "Where did God promise the Israelites they were going to after Moses led them out of Egypt?" And Jason (who's been waving his hand excitedly in the air anyway) blurts out, "From Egypt to London!"]

Learning: I want to learn Cantonese. And Teochew (so I can talk to ah-ma). And to write Chinese in 繁体. And to play the piano properly. And to sing!

But first I'd better go learn my Economics. Big Sigh.

--

And I stand here before You in wide opened wonder
Amazed at the Glory of You
The power of heaven, revealing Your purpose in me
As I'm reaching for You
***
And everyday, I'll walk Your way. I'll live my life for You to see- You're wonderful to me.
You are so wonderful, You're my delight, my sweet devotion
***
In the midst of the storm through the wind and the waves,
You'll still be faithful.. You'll still be faithful
When the stars refuse to shine and time is no more,
You'll still be faithful.. You'll still be faithful O Lord.

No comments: