Thursday, February 23, 2006

!!

Anyway, having just watched the very exhilarating ladies figure skating championships, I soooo wish I were young enough (like 5) to be an aspiring figure skater!! They were just amazing. I actually shed REAL tears when 荒川静香 shizuka arawaka WON! Half-wished I were Japanese so I could jump up and down and cheer and scream and cry properly but oh well. I really really admire her grace and elegance, such a beautifully exquisitely perfect performance. Everytime she did some triple this or double that I had to wince because I was literally too scared to watch her fall. Of course she didn't! Sasha Cohen did fall, which was such a pity because I really did love her short programme, though even on Tuesday I already liked Arawaka for being so serene and demure. Do you know, even when she realised she'd won, she was just a picture of joyful composure, just smiling and smiling so sweetly, while all the people around her were shaking her, her hand, the chair, tears etc. Haha. I should stop ranting right. And I actually felt pain for Irina Slutskaya because she does deserve to win it, it's her last chance! Not being on form when it matters must be disappointing and horrible to the max. Ok, just getting the euphoria (over what I don't really know) out of my system. :)

No comments: