Saturday, January 14, 2006

saturday energy boost

Something about kids and that combination of innocence and irreverence fills me energy, and is really entirely worth the slight sorethroat after (which is easily remedied with honey-water anyway.) Some examples:

So I ask the children what they think love is and there're alot of hands raised and waving about in the air, but before I can choose one to answer, this boy chirps up, "If, if God is so big and created the whole earth, then if God farts will the whole earth will stink?" ?!? How that relates to love I have no idea.

Today, I got them to kind of act out the story of baby Moses floating down the Nile in the basket, using a balloon as the baby and a box as the basket. When told to copy a verse down and draw what they remembered of the story afterwards, one of them says, "I don't know how to draw a baby, can I draw a balloon instead?"

Really starting to love the children. And really miss my baby sister, though I think she's probably "grown up" considerably again in the few months I've been away. After all, sister number three is now taller than me! (and about ten kg lighter I think) haha.

No comments: