Monday, January 16, 2006

rest

Got the gulps of fresh air I needed, going for the evening service tonight.

The all souls orchestra was playing for worship, and the sanctuary was packed, with more people in the overflow downstairs, and I sat in the upper gallery as I usually do, but high up on the sides because the lower rows facing the front were already filled....

So there I sit and stand and sing and pray between two people, complete strangers yet binded to me as brothers, and somehow, suddenly, find myself tearing slightly. Was it the grandeur of the music, was it the sharp sermon on hypocrisy, on forgiveness, was it that final hymn that I love and haven't heard in awhile? It could have been a mixture of all that of course, but I think above all I was moved to tears by the presence of God.

I'm grateful that daddy let me bring his guitar over, (he now has to strum my lousy blue one instead) especially on nights like these. To hold the guitar and brush the strings and hum and sometimes sing to. Learnt a new song jingkai led on Friday. Didn't learn the tune properly but I've hummed it so many times now I can't remember which parts I made up to fill in missing bits.. haha. It's really lovely though.

There is a peace, there is a rest.
That settles here in Your presence.
When Your face is very near,
Your love erases every fear.

It's the power, of Your presence.
It's the strength, of Your hand in mine.
It's the glory, of Your greatness,
that has the power to change my life.

No comments: