Saturday, December 31, 2005

rain, rain....

I wake up, early morning
To the alarm clock's groaning
Buzz (silence) buzz (silence)
Lulls me back to sleep

I wake again, much later
To happy pitter-patter of water
Lazily draw back the curtains
And I'm wide-eyed awake

Like the sun that rises everyday
You are so faithful, Lord, You are faithful
Like the rain that you bring and every breath that I take,
You are so faithful, O Lord.

It continued raining the whole of today! But the rain filled my heart with joy when I got up this morning, so I was glad for it to keep falling. Rain pelting against the window-panes as I sit on my cushiony,duvet-covered bed and watch and strum guitar strings; rain plonking into puddles in the uneven sidewalk, plinking on my umbrella, splashing droplets that soak my sneakers; rain trickling down the windows of the bus, blurring the light from the streetlamps, windows, headlights of cars, into bows, dandelions and other funny shapes; rain dripping from the Sainsbury's plastic-bags onto the wooden flooring of our doorway.

I think it's stopped raining, maybe it'll snow tonight!

Spent all of this morning thinking it was Thursday the 29th of December, until kahmei kindly enlightened me sometime after noon. That feeling when I realised it REALLY was Friday the 30th was terrible! As terrible as, well having a day disappear in a snap. But it is now properly Saturday the 31st by 9 mins and tomorrow is 2006 AD. I feel like I should be making a few GOOD resolutions to KEEP, maybe I will tomorrow morning.

Emails from my family always warm my heart. I always knew daddy knew how to make the babies and children laugh, but I never realised he had such a quirky sense of humour till I came here, his emails make me laugh out loud. (I'll bet mummy loved him for making her laugh. :) )

Off to hang out the laundry now. (part of my grand scheme to get into routines of doing these essential household things instead of leaving them till the very last.)

No comments: